What You'll Learn
Students also spend seven-weeks receiving hands-on and classroom experience in ONE of the following trades:
- Electrical Systems
* Classes will be conducted in English or Spanish
Participants who complete the required number of program hours will receive several certificates useful to apply for construction job openings.
Upon completion, participants will receive:
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Card
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Blue Card
- NCCER Level 1 Certifications in trade specific module
- FIU Program Completion Certificate (Graduation)
- Forklift Certificate
After earning a Program Completion Certificate, graduates will have the necessary training to qualify them for industry internships and entry-level construction jobs. Our Success Coach will help participants find internships and jobs, and there will also be a job fair for graduates.
In Florida, the average construction jobs salary, not requiring a bachelor’s degree, is $52,000.